AUCTION HAS ENDED.
The buy it now option bid was received.
Hagen-Renaker “Roan Lady” glazed to dapple grey by Karen Gerhardt
This is an earthenware china figurine, produced by the Hagen-Renaker company, 7″ tall x 7.5″ long, that has been custom glazed. This means that the original factory finish (white with grey mane/tail points) has been repainted to a very contrasty and complex dapple grey, using ceramic overglazes that are permanently fired into the glossy finish.
The cast mold detail is very very good, and the factory gloss finish was not overly-heavy (as some of these pieces can be). So this was a fantastic candidate for overglazing a great new color onto this piece. The piece is in perfect condition, with no breaks. The only flaw I will mention, is that the factory gloss glaze in the back of the tail has some minor bubbling. This has been covered up by new black glaze, but you can feel it if you run your finger down it. It is very minor.
I don’t believe in writing long-winded and flowery prose describing my work. I expect the work will speak for itself, or not. Here are the photos. If you click on any one, it will bring up a larger image.
PLEASE read everything below before bidding. I’m not responsible for mistakes made or misunderstandings on your part, if you have not read the rules.
1. This is an online auction being conducted via EMAILs only. Use the contact form below to place your FIRST bid. When I receive your first bid I will reply to your email. You will be given an anonymous bidder number which you will use to track your bidding status on this web page. You’ll also be given the email address to use for further bidding, and other instructions.
2. Bidding Rules: Bids will be accepted in minimum $5.00 increments ONLY. So if you want to up your bid at any point, it has to be a minimum of $5.00 higher. That means no bids of $123.50, etc.
3. You will NOT be notified personally via email if your bid is the high bid, or any time you’ve been outbid. I will only reply to confirm each time that your email bid was received. You’ll need to bookmark this page and check it for the current high bid status. Remember your auction ID number, too!
4. AUCTION ENDS: Sunday, January 14, 2018, at 3 pm, Mountain Standard time. (That’s two hours earlier than Eastern time, one hour later than Pacific time.) The highest bid in the last email received with a time no later than 3 pm Sunday, January 14, 2018 will be announced the winner, on this page. The winning bidder will be notified by email right away.
5. I will post to this page the current high bid, as often as I can, probably quite soon after I receive it, until the end time of Sunday, January 14 at 3 pm.
(NOTE: I am working a job Saturday and Sunday mornings until about 11:30 am, so there might be a couple hour delay on updates, before noon.)
6. Starting Bid: $850.00. There is no reserve. FedEx shipping (in the USA) or overseas postage will be paid by me. Payment is via PayPal or personal check, due on January 24, 2018, if not doing time payments (see below).
7. Buy It Now Option: Before 8:00 pm TODAY (Friday, January 12, 2018), I will accept one bid of $2150.00, to be paid in full, via PayPal, due on January 22, 2018. No time payments with this option. The first person to type in the amount of $2150.00 into the bid box below, received before 8:00 pm today ONLY, will end the auction. If this amount is not received, the sale will continue on the auction terms as described, until the deadline on Sunday.
8. Time Payment Option: I offer a payment plan of two months. You MUST check the box on the form below if you plan to take the payments option. If you’re the winner you can change your mind and pay in full. But you can NOT opt for time payments if you initially said you would be paying in full.
Time Payment Terms: You must send a non-refundable deposit of 20% of your total high bid within 24 hours of the end of the sale, VIA PAYPAL ONLY. The balance must be paid off by March 14, 2018. No exceptions or extensions. All other payments after the deposit can be made by personal check if desired. You can make payments during the 2 months on any schedule you set. You can wait and pay the entire balance on March 14th if you like, etc.
If you do not pay your full high bid amount by March 14th, 2018, the right to purchase will be revoked, the amount you have paid so far will be returned, and your DEPOSIT will NOT be REFUNDED. The time payment option is a courtesy offered by me; please respect/honor it.
Questions? Email Karen
By submitting this form you agree to the terms and rules stated above. You will receive an email that contains your Anonymous Bidder Number. The Current High Bid will be posted at the top of this page.
Thank you for your interest!
Karen Gerhardt, Westerly Design equine art