I’m very excited to offer my Denderah Arabian Stallion sculpture, bone china edition, #1. The edition size isn’t firm at this time, but I’m thinking it will be around 15 pieces, all finished by me in one-of-a-kind colors.
A Slightly Flawed Test Piece
This particular piece, the first one to be glazed, is actually very slightly flawed. It was the first one to be made, so it served as a test for casting, assembly, and firing. The body is ever so very slightly leaning at the cannon bones of the two down legs. Which means the raised hind leg is a tiny bit higher than it should be, and the raised front leg has dropped to where it is nearly touching the base. This is overall a very subtle flaw; the kind of thing that probably only I–the sculptor, intimately familiar with the work–would notice.
So, to compensate for the above, I’ve given it an absolutely splendid color. This is a very fine dappled grey, with the dappling painted in both cool and warm greys as they fade into the white body. I decided to leave a lot of the upper body, mane, and tail in the pure white of the china, so you can appreciate the gorgeous china itself. The base has been painted a bright spring green.
There is no question in my mind, after glazing color onto chinas for 17 years, that the overglaze enamel colors that I use are quite simply made for fine bone china and porcelain, like no other kind of ceramics body. The translucency and bright white of the china plus the glass-like high gloss finish makes these applied colors simply glow. They merge with the gloss finish in a way that makes my horse colors look so different compared to when the exact same glazes are fired into opaque earthenware. It’s hard to explain but when you work with this stuff up close and personal like I do, you see and revel in the results.
How The Sale Works
In my ongoing effort to find a sales method that is easy for me and seems fair, I’m trying something different yet again. This will be a Max Bid Auction.
Starting bid: $700.00. Includes USA FedEx shipping or a majority of the overseas shipping paid.
1. Send via email, the one maximum price you are prepared to pay for this piece. You can only bid one time.
Subject line: Denderah Auction.
Include: Your max bid amount, full name, mailing address, and phone number.
2. Bid Deadline: Tuesday October 6, 2020, 8:00pm Mountain Standard Time.
Email your bid to: email@example.com
3. After the bidding deadline has passed, I will send an email to all bidders letting them know what the winning bid is or if there is a tie. Those in the tie will be contacted privately about what’s next. Those not in the tie will get an email after the tie break round(s) so you’ll know what it went for.
4. The bidders in the tie break round(s) will be offered the opportunity to submit one more higher bid, within 24 hours. This way even international bidders won’t miss out. The person submitting the highest bid in this round will be the winner. In the case of further ties, more rounds may be necessary.
5. A payment plan of 60 days is offered to the high bidder. You must put 25% down and pay off the balance in 60 days, or the deposit will be forfeit. Full details to be given to the winning bidder.
Many thanks for your interest and support!